Six outstanding company’s achievements during the COVID 19 pandemic were recognised at celebration dinner in Auckland last night at the new Park Hyatt Hotel.
The focus of this year’s awards was success & resilience during the COVID19 pandemic. We were looking to recognize companies, organisations, or individuals who could show resilience, ingenuity, had pivoted, and had been successful in growing relationships and business between the USA and NZ during these difficult times.
There were no set categories, which meant that entrants were competing from a wide range of sectors including importing, exporting, investment, education, research/science, tourism, dealing with workforce issues, supply chains, and creative sectors.
There were a record number of entries and some of the key messages that came out of the entries:
- There has been some outstanding innovation, resilience, perseverance, and tenacity shown during these unprecedented times.
- The global playing field has been leveled and New Zealand is well placed to take advantage of it.
- Enabling technologies are out there waiting for society to catch up .
- New Zealand’s economy has moved from just exporting containers of goods to exporting our unique innovations.
- Sustainability and climate change are creating a challenge and an opportunity.
- The customer experience is absolutely everything.
The winners were:
Animation Research Ltd – www.arl.com
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd - www.fphcare.com
GFS Risk Ltd – www.gfsrisk.com
Kami Ltd – www.kamiapp.com
Magic Memories Innovation Ltd – www.magicmemories.com
Tourism Holdings Ltd – www.thlonline.com
U.S. Ambassador Scott Brown spoke at the dinner and presented a certificate of appreciation on behalf of the US Commercial Service – SelectUSA to Andy Stevens, CEO of Quantifi Photonics Ltd
25 Year membership awards were presented to RE Biz Ltd & ATPI New Zealand Ltd.
Norris Echetebu Law received the 2020 AmCham Supporter of the Year award.
In addition to AmCham’s lead awards sponsor DHL-Express, the awards are also supported by ANZ Bank, Ironside McDonald Intellectual Property, media partner The Business, wine sponsor Constellation Brands and event manager Lime & Soda.